Once you have submitted your claim, our team will need to assess the damage to your vehicle.
If the damage has affected the roadworthiness of the vehicle, then roadside assistance will tow the vehicle to an appropriate location. This may be a nearby repair store or a service centre.
If the damage is minor and it has not affected the roadworthiness of the vehicle, then you can continue to drive your vehicle until the repair date.
The at-fault party is determined by Carbar's insurer and if a third party is involved, their insurer as well. Carbar does not have any influence over the outcome.
If you are deemed to be at fault then an insurance excess will be payable from your nominated bank account. Please refer to your customer agreement (available in your dashboard) for details on your insurance excess.
You can also see full details of your damage cover in the terms and conditions.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- I had an accident, what should I do?
- I scratched my car, what should I do?
- I've submitted an insurance claim, what's next?
- What is covered for Roadside Assistance?
- What does Carbar insurance cover?
- What should I do if the driver of the other car refuses to give me their details?
- Do you cover Green Slip / CTP (Comprehensive Third Party) Insurance?